Now I am on the other end of the spectrum- I like to be fully prepared. With a 9-month old, you never know how many back-up onesies you'll need or extra snacks for a hangry baby. My essentials list might be a little overkill for some, but sometimes we are on the go all day and I like to be prepared so we don't have to stop home.
Diaper Bag Essentials:
- Diapers & Wipes... and lots of extras! I like Honest Company diapers and Target brand.
- I always have a warm hat and sweatshirt or coat for baby. Even if it's nice out, it might get windy or a little chilly at night. I always pack an extra blanket in the diaper bag and the car just in case!
- Teething toys.. I usually have a variety since Gavin gets bored easily. Gavin doesn't take a paci so I stock up on lovies, teethers, and light up hand-held toys.
- Nursing cover. I like the lightweight muslin material ones because Gavin hates being covered up and at least these are breathable.
- Extra bibs. I am obsessed with the Aden and Anais handkerchief ones.
- Diaper cream- I use California Baby or Angel Baby.
- Extra socks. Gavin tends to lose them a lot.
- Baby puffs. Gavin loves to pick up snacks and eat them more for the challenge than the food (plus he drops half of them) so I pack some in an empty baby jar so I have some to keep him busy on the go.
- Baby food jars- I buy Babies r Us Organic brand babyfood when they are on sale. I also bring a banana and spoon to go because I can scrape out bites for him right from the banana with no mess.
- Now that the warmer weather is here, I will be packing sunscreen and bug spray. Be careful with these though and make sure you get deet-free bugspray and mineral-based (zinc-oxide) sunscreen.
- Infant Motrin or Tylenol. Teething, fevers, pain.. you never know! I always pack some in case of emergency.
- Pajamas. Sometimes we unexpectedly stay out a little later than planned so I always like to have PJs so that we can dress Gavin for bed and if he falls asleep on the ride home, it is much easier to put him to bed.
What's in your diaper bag?